Renowned as “the contests designed for photojournalists by photojournalists,” and incorporating the many facets of the visual journalism industry, NPPA's Best of Photojournalism competitions attract the most talented professionals in still, video, multimedia, and editing, year after year. The National Press Photographers Association is delighted to announce that all four 2015 Best of Photojournalism competitions will open for entry on January 5th 2015.
Here are the 4 divisions & their rules and categories:
- Best of Photojournalism: Still
- Best of Photojournalism: Video
- Best of Photojournalism: Editing
- Best of Photojournalism: Multimedia
The entry deadline for Best of Photojournalism Video divison will be Friday January 23, 2015, 3pm EST.
The entry deadline for Best of Photojournalism Still, Picture Editing and Multimedia competitions will be Friday, January 30, 2015, 3pm EST.
Best of Photojournalism 2015 is open to professional photographers, editors and online photojournalists, and there is no entry fee. All entries must have been taken or initially published between January 1st and December 31st, 2014. Photographers do not need to be members of NPPA to enter.
To enter the contest click the Register Now button below.
Once you've registered,
- Click the My Account link at the top of the page.
- Look for BOP in the list of contests you have registered for on the My Account page, and click the Submit Work button.
- You'll be logged in to the contest server and shown a list of enterable contests.
- If you registered for BOP, it should be first on the list. Click View My Entries to see your files, and Enter Now to upload a new one
The first time you upload a file, you will be asked to enter the name and email address you want to use for the contest, and agree to the rules. Once you do so, you will be issued with an 8-digit Contest Identification Code, which will serve as your ‘name’ for the contest.
Note that if you are entering more than one division of the Best of Photojournalism competition (for example, Still Photography and Photo Editing), you can use the same Contest Identification Code for all divisions.
Director, School of Visual Communication, Ohio University
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Photography Editor, Sports Illustrated
ZUMA Press founder
School of Visual Communication, Ohio University
Poynter Institute for Media Studies
KSNW TV, Witchita, KS