In addition to the other benefits of NPPA membership, NPPA members receive discounts on the wide range of third-party products and services below.
Log-in to Unlock These Deals
The NPPA Insurance Advantage program by Lockton Affinity provides our members the ability to purchase equipment and liability coverage specific to our industry and professional needs at a great value. Get up to $100,000 in coverage and replacement cost value with a fixed $250 deductible per loss. Read more about the program here or via the program website: http://nppainsuranceadvantage.com/.
Association Health Programs brings NPPA members an exclusive health and business insurance program (in states where it is available). Due to this relationship, the NPPA member group is pooled with over 300 national associations (2.5 million members), which allows Association Health Programs the opportunity to provide A-rated insurance companies, knowledge of products, rate stability, buying power, and hands on service otherwise not available.
NOTE: These insurance offers require a separate purchase. Your NPPA membership only provides members with an opportunity to purchase such coverage through third party offers in states where it is available. Such coverage is not included as part of your membership and not all members are eligible. You must check with the insurance provider first to determine eligibility and coverage costs.
- Health Insurance
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Income
- Professional Liability Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
NOTE: Association Health Programs does not provide coverage to overseas members. Also, they do not offer health insurance programs in Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Massachusetts, Vermont, or Rhode Island. They offer life, disability, critical illness, and long term care in all states except Alaska and Hawaii. Please contact them to determine your eligibility. Please contact them to determine your eligibility.
Website and Cloud Services
More than 50,000 photographers worldwide use PhotoShelter to power their websites with e-commerce, searchable galleries, client log-in, and bulletproof image storage. PhotoShelter provides the industry’s best tools for getting your images found by Google, and high-res image delivery capabilities for getting files to clients fast.
The NPPA member exclusive offer provides substantial discounts on PhotoShelter Standard & Pro annual accounts.
The Standard Account includes:
- 35 GB secure storage
- Customizable website
- E-commerce (for print & product sales, image licensing: rights managed, royalty free & personal use)
- Enhanced SEO
- Directory listing
At $305 per year, this annual account helps members saves $55 per year, compared to our regular monthly price of $29.99.
The Pro Account provides $70 annual savings, and includes:
- 100 GB secure storage
- Customizable website
- E-commerce (for print & product sales, image licensing: rights managed, royalty free & personal use)
- Enhanced SEO
- Directory listing
At $529 per year, this annual account saves $70 per year, compared to our regular monthly price of $49.99.
In addition to building NPPA's new competitions pages Graph Paper Press is also offering a special discount to NPPA members. NPPA members can take advantage of a 40% discount on our entire WordPress theme collection. If you are looking to build your own website, store, portfolio and blog take advantage of this offer today!
SoloFolio is the only portfolio & blog platform built specifically for visual journalists. SoloFolio sites are simple and professional, with the highest-quality image hosting in the industry. NPPA members receive a significant discount, saving up to $60/year.
HostedFTP.com offers businesses a cloud file sharing solution that is secure, reliable and easy to use. Built to replace in-house FTP servers, which are expensive to maintain and support, HostedFTP.com will save your business money while improving your network security. Your files are securely stored within the cloud computing infrastructure of Amazon Web Services. Whether you need to send or receive files, HostedFTP.com has an extensive feature set including management tools to provide you with full visibility and control of user accounts. With no software to install or maintain, HostedFTP.com requires only a web browser and works on all operating systems.
NPPA members receive an additional 5GB of storage on a Personal account, an additional 10GB of storage on a Group account, and an additional 40GB of storage on an Enterprise account.
Cradoc fotoSoftware, the developer of fotoQuote, fotoBiz and the fotoKeyword Harvester, is pleased to offer special discount pricing for members of NPPA. NPPA members receive a 15% discount on any of the above products. A 10% discount is also available on these already discounted bundles; fotoQuote Pro 6 Bundle and The Works.
This offer applies to full versions only, additional site licenses and upgrades are excluded. The discount cannot be combined with any other offers.
To learn more about Cradoc fotoSoftware, please visit the Cradoc website.
NPPA Members receive a 10% discount on the Photo Mechanic software. You must be a current member and logged in to your account to take advantage of the discount. Click here to access the discount page.
This exclusive offer from Access Group Processing offers NPPA members discounted credit card processing and other merchant account services. Accept credit card payments and save up to 50% on processing fees!
- No Application Fees
- No Monthly Minimums
- Lowest Rates in the Industry!
- Discounted Solutions that fit your needs – Card not present, e-Commerce, wireless, retail
Additionally, for NPPA members who need to establish a new merchant account, AGP will work with you to understand your business needs and provide the most efficient, cost effective program. There is no cost to take advantage of this program.
ImageSpan Discount Program ImageSpan and NPPA have teamed up to offer discounts on LicenseStream Products!
NPPA Members are now eligible to receive a discount on:
- LicenseStream Creator
- LicenseStream Creator Pro
- LicenseStream Storage Upgrades
LicenseStream is an easy-to-use, web-based tool that helps you:
- Register and protect your creative content (photo and video)
- Track which websites are using your content and uncover new client opportunities through Content Tracker (LicenseStream Pro only)
- Organize and set up your own content galleries and online stores in minutes
- Safely publish your content out to the Web, to generate new revenues from your existing work
- Invoice, bill and manage content sales through a secure system
- Easily and quickly create industry- standardized licenses, in compliance with the PLUS standard
Learn more at www.licensestream.com.
NPPA members are entitled to discounts when renting cars from Hertz.
You know what’s really cool? Car sharing! NPPA's partnership with Zipcar brings car sharing to our members at a discount of more than 50%. With Zipcar you can reserve cars by the hour or day, either online or on your smart phone. Gas, insurance and 180 miles are included in each reservation. The best part is your membership is universal, you may use Zipcars on demand in over 15+ participating cities including New York, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Atlanta, Washington DC, to name only a few, plus over 250 college campuses.
NPPA members join for only $25/year annual fee (reduced from $60/year) and the $25 application fee is also waived. You also get a discounted driving rate Monday-Friday. (Rates vary from city to city.)
Apple and the NPPA have teamed to offer you an exclusive discount on select Apple and third party products.
You’ll not only save on these popular, easy-to-use, and award-winning Apple products, you’ll also enjoy a variety of other benefits:
- Free technical advice from graphic arts professionals who can help build a system that's right for you
- Online custom product configuration
- Complete online catalog of the latest Apple and compatible third-party products
- Easy payment with any combination of credit card, Apple Gift Card, and business financing
- Free standard shipping on orders over $50
By making your Think Tank Photo purchases through this link you can help support NPPA. All sales generated through Think Tank's NPPA partnership site results in a 20% profit share that comes back to support our programs, like advocacy and education.
Zacuto is a camera accessory manufacturer, rental house and production house for original web series. They are widely known for their “Made in the USA" brand of high quality, originally designed camera accessories for video cameras and DSLR cameras. NPPA members receive a 12% discount on Zacuto products at their online store.
For more information on Zacuto, visit www.zacuto.com or follow @Zacuto on Twitter.
NPPA members receive discounts on equipment and software from PCMall/MacMall.
NPPA is a member of the DriveSavers Digital Arts Partner Program.
Digital Arts Partner Benefits Include:
- Fastest Standard turnaround time in the industry: 24 to 48 hours
- 15% discount on professional data recovery services
- No data—No charge policy
- If data is unrecoverable, $200 attempt fee is waived
- Single Drives—Standard and Economy Service only
- Free return shipping
Courierware offers a 20% discount to NPPA members on their wide range of stylish bags that are durable and weather-resistant. Professionals love the versatile and ergonomic build-your-own camera bags. Other options include laptop sleeves, messenger bags, and travel bags.
Printing & Publishing
SocialDocumentary.net (SDN) uses the power of photography to raise awareness about critical issues in the world. A 20% discount is available to NPPA members to create and maintain a documentary photography exhibit for a year. NPPA members can upload images with descriptive text, captions, and resources to raise awareness, encourage action, and increase support for the issues documented.
Visit socialdocumentary.net to find out more. All documentary exhibits are free for the first 90 days.
Still River Editions at Connecticut Photographics is offering NPPA members 10% off fine-art digital giclée printing and both film and flatbed scanning. Still River Editions uses Epson printers and archival inksets with separate printers for their color and quad-tone black and white printing. Media available includes many fine art papers and canvas. Files may be securely uploaded through their website.
For more information about Still River Editions, go to www.stillrivereditions.com
Countless multimedia students and professionals have used Online Training from MediaStorm, an award-winning production and interactive design studio, to take their storytelling skills to the next level. Used in newsrooms and university classrooms around the world, the MediaStorm production team’s virtual classroom walks students through essential tools and techniques for improving production quality.
MediaStorm is excited to offer NPPA members a 25% discount on a 1-year all-access subscription to our full catalogue of training videos. That’s a $50 discount on the normal rate of $199.99 per year.
Subscription benefits include:
- 101: Reporting Track - Learn fundamental techniques and some advanced ideas on gathering audio, stills and video for compelling multimedia productions. (1 hour 18 minutes)
- 101: Post-Production Track - MediaStorm’s production team walks through many of the choices they make when producing multimedia including editing techniques, picture editing and using music. (1 hour 6 minutes)
- The Making Of: The Amazing Amy - Follow the intense learning experience of shooting and editing the short documentary The Amazing Amy. (1 hour 13 minutes)
- The Making Of: A Thousand More - Learn the decisions made in the field and the editing suite that went into the making of A Thousand More. (1 hour 36 minutes)
- The Making Of: Surviving the Peace - Join MediaStorm’s Executive Producer and Director of Photography as they discuss story development through a scene-by-scene break down of Surviving the Peace. (1 hour 40 minutes)
- The Making Of: Take Care - Gain access to more than an hour of discussion and exposition on the process and multitude of decisions that went into the editing and shooting of Take Care. (1 hour 9 minutes)
NPPA members can purchase their subscription on MediaStorm.com and enter a promo code at checkout to receive their discount.
The CUNY Graduate School of Journalism is proud to launch CUNY J+, a series of affordable and convenient workshops to upgrade your toolkit with the digital skills of tomorrow. CUNY J+ is for working journalists, freelancers, photographers, video journalists, and other communicators who want to advance in their careers, change jobs or simply tell engaging, impactful stories in today’s media overload.
NPPA members are offered a 10% discount.
Knowledgewebb offers hands-on training, self-directed courses, ongoing webinars and more for professionals working in the communications industry. Ready to try your first audio-photo slidshow? Need a refresher on CSS? Curious about augmented reality? Knowledgewebb was created for people working in all areas of media who are trying to reinvent themselves and either reinvigorate — or save, as the case has become — their careers.
Knowledgewebb is giving NPPA members a 30% discount on their annual membership fee!
Membership has its benefits:
- Custom Curriculum: All Knowledgewebb members are now eligible to receive a customized learning plan. Think of it as having a personal trainer right there with you, prescribing the best learning tools based on your personality, career goals and work style. We'll outline which Knowledgewebb lessons and experts we think will help with your immediate needs, and we'll also suggest blogs, podcasts and other websites that we think will best suit your interests.
- More than 150 self-directed lessons, with 3 to 5 new lessons added each week. Topics range from "how to hire a developer" to semantic web basics," and "building an iPhone from scratch."
- More than a dozen recognized experts in a variety of topic areas, including mobile, social networks, flash, entrepreneurship, semantic web and even beginner. Members get direct access to each and every one of them.
- Career Coach: Knowledgewebb now has a career coach, who hosts weekly live chats and is available to meet up with members in person. His goal is to help position our members to land jobs in various fields of media and communication.
- Interviews with the creators of popular web applications and tools, with explanations of how they can be adopted for use in journalism, PR and communications.
- Discussion forums: Similar to a discussion forum on other websites, except that ours are managed by experts in a variety of subject areas. Our members can ask targeted questions about a wide range of topics and get immediate answers from our Knowledgewebb community.
- Worksheets and step-by-step primers for those starting a new communications business, publication, blog and more.
- Hundreds of how-to guides and tipsheets.
- Archives with transcripts of past live webinars and live chats.
- Unlimited access to upcoming live chats with experts and webinars, which are free for all members to attend.
- The Knowledgewebb Insider weekly newsletter, showcasing learning opportunities and events, insider tech tips and more.
Allworth Press, publisher of business and self-help books for creative professionals facing the everyday issues of starting and maintaining a successful business, is offering NPPA members an additional 15% discount on all titles listed on the their website. Their selections include a range of books for photographers and visual artists.