The National Press Photographers Foundation Inc. is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization charged with advancing photojournalism through education and awarding scholarships and fellowships to deserving individuals who have demonstrated ability or promise in the field of visual journalism. Also, the NPPF is the place where you can make a tax-deductible donation to the work of the National Press Photographers Association.
There are two options to donate to the NPPA directly:
The NPPA is an active advocate for the legal rights of visual journalists. Our work includes issues connected to First Amendment access, drone regulations, copyright, access and credentialing, cameras in court, “ag-gag” laws, unlawful assault on visual journalists and cases that affect the ability to record events and issues of public interest. Our work benefits not only individuals but the public at large and you can see some of the work on our advocacy page. You can donate directly here.
You can donate to the NPPA to help fund its efforts supporting the work of photojournalists. NPPA dedicates itself to the advancement of visual journalism – its creation, practice, training, editing and distribution – in all news media and works to promote its role as a vital public service. We encourage a code of ethics, provide educational opportunities and diversity in all NPPA activities. A donation helps us continue these programs including workshops and education programs. You can donate directly here.
In addition, the NPPF funds a number of scholarships for student journalists. The NPPF also gives awards that enable recipients to attend workshops. You can donate to an existing named scholarship or fund one to honor or in memory of a person who contributed to visual journalism. See all the options in the Donations sub-menu at the top of the NPPF page, accessible through the donate buttons on this page.
The donations are tax-deductible and can be paid online through credit card or PayPal. NPPF is an all-volunteer organization with very low expenses, so your contributions have a significant effect. Please note that NPPF does not store any personal or credit card information on their website.
The National Press Photographers Association is dedicated to the advancement of visual journalism, its creation, practice, training, editing and distribution, in all news media and works to promote its role as a vital public service.
The objects and purposes of the NPPA are to advance visual journalism in all its forms:
- Encourage visual journalists to reflect high standards of quality in their professional performance and their code of ethics. NPPA strives to create, promote and maintain a high spirit of community and a high standard of conduct among its members
- Oppose violations and infringements of the rights of visual journalists or their organizations. It strives to promote a better understanding of visual journalists’ problems.
- Support legislation favorable to, and opposes legislation unfavorable or prejudicial to visual journalists. It shall work to maintain freedom of the press in all its forms and to execute the Constitutional rights of journalists.
- Cooperate with recognized local visual journalism associations consistent with the aims and objectives of NPPA.
- Provide educational opportunities for those involved in all forms of visual journalism.
- Commit to reflecting diversity in all of NPPA’s activities.