McNay's New Student Resource Goes Online
DURHAM, NC - There's new resource on the NPPA Web site that was written just for students.
Jim McNay, NPPA's president in 1996 who now teaches photojournalism at the Brooks Institute of Photography, has written an online guide for students called "Getting Started In Photojournalism. It's on the NPPA Web site under "Professional Development" then click on "Students," or just click here.
The guide addresses issues such as:
- What qualities are most important to pursue a career?
- Is formal education important?
- How important are multimedia and video?
- How should a job candidate display their work?
- How important are captions?
- How do you get internships?
- How can I maximize the job interview opportunity?
For more information, contact NPPA membership director Mindy Hutchison at [email protected].