The National Press Photographers Association’s Best of Photojournalism is pleased to announce the awards and prizes for the 2020 BOP Contest made possible by the generous sponsorship of Sony.
The BOP entry system page is open until 12:01 AM, Monday, January 27 EST. NPPA members can enter BOP for free. Non-members must pay a $75 fee to enter the contest.
To join the NPPA, click here.
To enter the contest, click here.
The awards are as follows:
· Ernie Crisp Photographer of the Year
· Cliff Edom’s ‘New America Award”
· Photojournalist of the Year (Stills)
· Photojournalist of the Year (Stills) – Small markets – less than 50k circ.
· Emerging Vision (less than 2 years experience)
· Sony Best of Show – Stills (chosen from all the still winners)
· Sony Best of Show Video Award (chosen from all the video winners)
· Sports Photojournalist of the Year
· (Video) Editor of the Year – Editors or Photographers
· Magazine Picture Editor of the Year
· Newspaper Picture Editor of the Year Small Market
· Newspaper Picture Editor of the Year Large Market
· Online Video Editing
· Online Video Storytelling Portfolio – Individual
· Online Video Storytelling Documentary – Individual
· NPPA Photojournalism Award for Reporting
· Station of The Year – Large
· Station of The Year – Medium
· Station of The Year - Small
· Magazine Picture Editing – Team
· Newspaper Team Picture Edit (small)
· Newspaper Team Picture Edit (large)
· Online Video Storytelling - Documentary – Small Team
· Online Video Storytelling - Documentary – Large Team
· Online Video Storytelling - Portfolio – Small Team
· Online Video Storytelling - Portfolio – Large Team
· Online Visual Presentation Portfolio – Small Team
· Online Visual Presentation Portfolio – Large Team
All First Place category winners will receive a plaque.
Second Place through Honorable Mention winners will receive certificates.
Judges for the five divisions of the contest are listed here.
The judging is open to the public and will take place Feb. 28-March 1 at Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Georgia in Athens, Georgia. UGA is the headquarters of the NPPA.