The National Press Photographers Association is seeking candidates for the positions of:
- National Clip Chair
- Multimedia Quarterly Contest Chair
- Student Quarterly Clip Contest Chair
These are volunteer positions. The Chairs will organize their contests, while the National Clip Chair will work with the heads of each competition to share practices across the teams.
Background on the Member Contest Committee and National Clip Chair role:
The National Clip Chair shall serve as chair, and the heads of the Television Quarterly Clip Contest, Student Quarterly Clip Contest, Monthly News Clip Contest, Multimedia Quarterly Contest Chair and Quarterly Picture Editing Contest shall serve as the committee’s membership. Each committee member shall be responsible for operating their respective contests with the authority to appoint designees below them for regional or other administration. Each committee member shall be responsible for reporting results to the National Clip Chair on a regular basis to be determined by the chair, and shall prepare semi-annual reports to be included in the report of the National Clip Chair prepared for meetings of the Board of Directors. The National Clip Chair may serve additionally as the controlling chair of a member contest.
Student Quarterly Clip Contest Chair:
- Be an active member of the National Press Photographers Association
- Setup the quarterly contest webpage and forms on the NPPA website (Wordpress based)
- Champion inclusion and diversity in all phases of the competition consistent with NPPA’s inclusion policy and goals.
- Uphold the NPPA’s Code of Ethics, working with judges to apply it when evaluating entries.
- Communicate with NPPA staff to maintain the contest's paywall forms
- Communicate with NPPA staff for communications and promotional releases in NPPA publications
- Promote the contest on student NPPA chapter Facebook groups and on other social media platforms
- Be deadline oriented and able to ensure others meet deadlines.
- Identify, build, and maintain relationships with current students and the NPPA Student Board Representative
- Identify and communicate with professionals to serve as judges
- Organize submissions for judges
- Post winners to the NPPA website
- Maintain the Student Quarterly email account and respond to inquiries
To apply, send a statement of interest to Andrew Stanfill, president, at [email protected] by January 17, 2021 (end of the day) for consideration.