The National Press Photographers Foundation (NPPF) annual scholarship competition opens on Oct. 10, 2022. Twelve $2,000 scholarships will be awarded to college or university students:
- Bob Baxter Scholarship
- Bob East Scholarship
- C. Thomas Hardin and Mary C. Hardin
- James Brown & Frank Folwell Scholarship
- Jimi Lott Scholarship
- Kit C. King Scholarship
- Mary Lou Foy Still and Multimedia Scholarship
- NPPF TV News Scholarship
- Reid Blackburn Scholarship
- Rich Clarkson Founders Scholarship
- Sony's Photojournalism Scholarship
- Xan Korman Scholarship (new)
Eligibility: To receive a scholarship, applicants must be enrolled for the spring 2022 semester in a four-year undergraduate or graduate program at an accredited college or university in the U.S. Students in two-year programs may apply if they are transferring to a four-year program for fall semester 2023.
Applications and information
Portfolios containing still pictures, picture stories and video links are an important part of the application process.
Our online application is easy and fast:
- Fill out the application form
- Arrange for letter of recommendation
- Drag and drop pictures
- Add video links
- Application can be updated any time before the Dec. 19, 2022, deadline.
Learn More About The Scholarships:
Student groups are welcome to set up a teleconference with Dr. Martin Smith-Rodden, director of scholarships at NPPF, to confer on portfolio development and to answer any questions on the application procedure. Contact him to set up at meeting at [email protected] (please put “NPPF Scholarships” in the subject line).