May 24, 2021, ATHENS, GA. - The board of directors for the National Press Photographers Association will hold its summer meeting on Sunday, July 31, 2021, via Zoom.
If you lead or chair any of the following groups:
- Committees – Safety and Security, Advocacy, DEI, Education, Ethics, Honors & Awards, Finance, and Communication Committee
- Events - Advanced Storytelling, Multimedia Immersion, News Video Workshop, Northern Short Course and Women in Photojournalism
- Competitions & Contests - BOP, Monthly Clip, Monthly Multimedia, Student Quarterly & TV/Video Quarterly
- Other - Authors Coalition of America, Regional Reps., Mentorship Program, National Clip Contest Chair
- Board and Executive Committee members
Each of you is requested to submit a written report to be included with the board material. If you choose to provide a report, it can be a concise synopsis of your 2021 activities (year-to-date or fully completed) and/or a look ahead to your remaining 2021 activities or plans. The deadline for your reports is Monday, July 12, by the end of the business day.
If you submit a report, please be as brief as possible. Unless you indicate that board action is required, your report will be included with others in the Consent Agenda portion of the meeting - meaning that they will be received and approved as a group without discussion.
Any NPPA member in good standing, as well as committee chairs and any volunteers, may also submit an agenda item to be discussed by the board, or submit a resolution proposal to be considered. Please note what the action is and any resource requirements (financial, technological, human, etc.) that will be needed and/or considered. Also, let us know if you wish or need to be patched into the meeting at the appropriate time to personally present your agenda item(s) to the directors.
Please email reports directly to [email protected] and cc Akili Ramsess at [email protected], as a Word document. Our goal is to have all material for the meeting distributed to board members by Sunday, July 18, if not sooner, so that there is sufficient time for the information to be thoroughly reviewed in advance of the meeting.
Thank you for all you do for NPPA and the members. You are NPPA.
Marie D. De Jesús