Regional Photo Editor-South
The Associated Press
November 2009 – Present
*Directs photo editorial coverage in the Southern region of the United States overseeing a staff of photographers and one administrative photo editor.
• Oversees and aggressively drives coverage plans in conjunction with Photos, APTN/OVN, AP Images, reporting staff, and multimedia personnel throughout the organization; shapes the content of the photo report through analysis and comparison both internally and externally.
• Closely involved in planning and overseeing the region’s departmental budgets as well as making hiring recommendations to the Director and Deputy Directors of Photography.
• Coordinates and organize news, sports, entertainment, business and feature stories around the region.
• Interacts daily with member newspapers in the South on planning, coverage and revenue sharing.
• Edits major assignments and regional sporting events.
Aerial, Sports, Underwater, Disaster Coverage, Conflict Coverage, Photo Editing, Spot News, Still Photography