Freelance Photographer, GlennsLens Photograhy
Resourceful, highly creative writer, communicator and audiovisual professional with over 15 years of leadership successes in demanding Department of Defense and Government high technology organizations. Extensive technical and project management experience in the design and development of informative multi-media products for diverse markets
• Lead Field Producer/ Combat videographer/Still Photojournalist for the Department of Defense’s USAF combat camera teams.
• Managed/ Supervised field operations of USAF Combat Camera teams who provided some of the first critical still ,and video news images captured during their most dangerous assignments including the Persian Gulf War, UN combat operations in both Mogadishu Somalia, and Bosnia Herzegovina.
• Acquired imagery of U.S. Navy SEAL teams and Army Special Forces, combat military operations world-wide . Used to brief National Security staff, including the Joint Chiefs of Staff , and President of United States
• One of only a handful of enlisted cameramen awarded the Aerial Achievement medal for photographing still, and video imagery of air to air combat operations over Kuwait and Iraq from USAF F-15 and F16 fighter jet aircraft.
• Provided critical humanitarian and crisis video coverage to AF senior leaders enabling improved situational awareness and timely strategic communication/planning
USAF Still Photojournalist for USAF base Newspaper "The Blue Print" Columbus AFB, MS.
• Wrote news articles, provided photo coverage, assisted in base newspaper layout USAF public affairs office supporting military personnel, and their families assigned to pilot training base .
Television Production Studio Operations
• Strong foundation in television studio operations, electronic field production with extensive training and experience in the set up and operation of professional broadcast video systems including: Sony DXC 537, Digital Beta Cam, and Beta SP cameras, 32 channel audio systems, audio routers, microphones, studio cameras, vector scopes, waveform monitors, teleprompters, field/studio lighting, master control rooms and non-linear editing.
TV Master Control Operator I
• Operated DSR 4800 Digital Satellite receivers to record live network feeds into digital servers and BVW60/70 video tape recorders for later broadcast to over three million viewers and over 100 locations overseas on the American Forces Radio and Television Service (AFRTS).
Remote Sensing Division NGS/NOS/ National Oceanic & Atmospheric
• Successfully managed contract requirements for aerial photography support within the Remote Sensing Division, including vital short notice aerial photo projects for Homeland Security.
• Provided management with expert photographic planning and advice for successful aerial photographic missions of over 15 major US City airports, harbors and coastlines.
• Skillfully operated large format Leica RC-30 aerial camera systems in flight with advanced geographical positioned satellite (GPS) data; effectively providing Federal Aviation Administration customers high quality imagery of precise locations of obstructions and orientation of airport runways.
Freelance photographer for corporate events , marketing / advertising.
Technical and Specialized Training
• Outstanding graduate of USAF Television Studio Production School
• Outstanding graduate of USAF Still Photographic Technician School
• Graduate of Advanced Leadership/Management Course USAF NCO Academy
• Graduate of USAF SEAR- Search Evasion Rescue survival training SV80AK, SV90AK
• Completed USAF Physiological / High Altitude Centrifuge Training
• Completed Government Contracting/Procurement Certification
Honors and Awards
• Nominated for Award of Department of Defense Thomas Jefferson Journalism Award for outstanding video news documentary” South East Asia Air Show”.
• 621st Air Mobility Operations Group Senior NCO of the Quarter
•621st Air Mobility Operations Group Senior NCO of the Year